Principal Permanent Way Design Engineer / CRE
UK, home working with 1 day in the Derby office per week
Do you want to work for an international engineering consultancy designing and advising on major national and international projects with high professional standards and a great working environment?
Engineering Consultancy Services Limited was created to design and build sustainable and robust engineering solutions which have positive economic, social and environmental impacts whilst embracing our core principals of Innovation, Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
Our infrastructure projects are diverse, technically challenging and always absorbing and include everything from structures asset management to complete rail network design and construction, working on projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Reporting to the Head of Track Design we are looking for a Principal Permanent Way Engineer to join our Engineering team delivering predominantly UK-based Rail Infrastructure projects.
You will support current projects with technical design with occasional site visits required to support our clients.
You will be expected to
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) on projects
- assist in the development of conceptual design, produce engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
- develop and implement design best practices in areas of expertise ensuring conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
- provide project management
- perform and review calculations for analysis
- provide mentoring and developing less experienced team members to allow them to achieve their full potential
- support bids and tenders
Your team is split between the UK and India and there is scope to work on projects in both India and the Middle East as our company grows.
Some travel abroad for short periods, attendance at events and exhibitions and presenting at conferences may be required but is not essential
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk and Bentley Software.
- Good time management skills with an ability to prioritise workload.
- Good technical understanding of an engineering environment.
- Carry out the duties of PWay Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE), Project Engineer (PE) or equivalent as required
- Ensure internal and contractor’s design/construction/specialists’ personnel have the correct competencies
- Experience of designing S&C, plain line, depots, RRAPs, etc will be beneficial
- Manage all PWay engineering activities on allocated projects so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and construction methodologies and the ability to consider/define requirements within design development.
- Knowledge of system interfaces which impact on track design principles and demonstrable experience if the successful management of interfaces within design experience.
- Manage the design and/or construction elements of allocated projects ensuring they meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) and CSM-RA regulations
- Provide advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision
- Assist the PWay Discipline Lead in developing a culture of technical excellence by driving a right first-time approach
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors
- Assist the PWay Discipline Lead in the development of innovative solutions
- Identify and help to share best practice across all project teams
- Able to work as part of a team and/or on your own initiative.
- Be able to produce technical drawings
- Portrays enthusiasm, passion and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The ability to liaise with colleagues and clients using good communication skills.
Working hours are flexible, core hours are 10-2 Monday to Friday with the remaining hours as per discussion with your Line Manager
25 days holiday and Bank Holidays. Secure employment with a well-established company. Working as part of a great team culture Extremely flexible working environment
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org