Senior Geotechnical Design
UK, home working with 1 day in the Derby office per week
Do you want to work for an international engineering consultancy designing and advising on major national and international projects with high professional standards and a great working environment?
Engineering Consultancy Services Limited was created to design and build sustainable and robust engineering solutions which have positive economic, social and environmental impacts whilst embracing our core principals of Innovation, Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
Our infrastructure projects are diverse, technically challenging and always absorbing and include everything from structures asset management to complete rail network design and construction, working on projects in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
Reporting to the Head of Geotechnical Engineer, we are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Engineering team delivering predominantly UK-based Rail Infrastructure projects.
You will support current projects with technical design with occasional site visits required to support our clients.
You will be expected to
- Assist in the development of conceptual design, produce engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
- Develop and implement design best practices in areas of expertise ensuring conformance with all applicable codes, standards, and client requirements
- Provide project management
- Perform and review calculations for analysis
- Provide mentoring and developing less experienced team members to allow them to achieve their full potential
- Support bids and tenders
Your team is split between the UK and India and there is scope to work on projects in both India and the Middle East as our company grows.
Some travel abroad for short periods, attendance at events and exhibitions and presenting at conferences may be required but is not essential
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Have a relevant degree and a desire to work towards chartership with your chosen institution
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk and Bentley CAD Software
- Experience of designing a range of foundation solutions including piles, screw piles, rapid root, concrete pads and reinforced earth
- Experience of designing a range of ground stabilisation techniques including soil nails
- Experience of designing a range of retaining wall solutions including sheet piles, gabion baskets and gravity solutions
- Knowledge of soil and rock description and testing and reporting;
- Excellent knowledge of geology and/or soil mechanics;
- Excellent knowledge of soil/rock and foundation engineering issues.
- Able to work as part of a team and/or on your own initiative.
- Be able to produce technical drawings
- Portrays enthusiasm, passion and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- The ability to liaise with colleagues and clients using good communication skills.
Working hours are flexible, core hours are 10-2 Monday to Friday with the remaining hours as per discussion with your Line Manager
25 days holiday and Bank Holidays. Secure employment with a well-established company. Working as part of a great team culture Extremely flexible working environment
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org