- Project Type: Railway Station upgrade
- Client: Input Group
- Location: Northumberland, UK
- Date: April 2020 – July 2021
About this Project
Prescot Station is our biggest station design scheme to date, including the full multi-d design of all station, car park, platform and bridge elements split into 4 design packages.
The ECSL design remit included:
- Upgraded ticket office, waiting room and new commercial space;
- A new cycle hub;
- Introduction of a Harrington Hump on both platforms and platform coping stone realignment (requiring full platform gauging study);
- Upgrades to the carpark, drainage and introduction of new LED luminaires and electric car charging points;
- New lifts and lift landings to the existing passenger footbridge;
- Highway upgrade scheme as part of the Local Authority commitment to the access for all upgrades.
Roles and Responsibility
ECSL were commissioned to review a previous design completed for Haltwhistle Station and update it in accordance with the latest design standards in order to implement the transformation of several existing platform buildings into lease-hold studios designed to increase revenue at the station. The ECSL design remit included all elements of the design, from structures to drainage, lighting to electrical. The project was completed in an extremely condensed programme so as to undertake construction works during the initial COVID-19 lock down period, reducing future disruption to passengers
- Multi-disciplinary detailed design