- Project Type: station upgrade
- Client: Input Group
- Location: Merseyside, UK
- Date: January 2020 – July 2021
About this Project
Prescot Station is our biggest station design scheme to date, including the full multi-d design of all station, car park, platform and bridge elements split into 4 design packages.
The ECSL design remit included:
- Upgraded ticket office, waiting room and new commercial space;
- A new cycle hub;
- Introduction of a Harrington Hump on both platforms and platform coping stone realignment (requiring full platform gauging study);
- Upgrades to the car park, drainage and introduction of new LED luminaires and electric car charging points;
- New lifts and lift landings to the existing passenger footbridge;
- Highway upgrade scheme as part of the Local Authority commitment to the access for all upgrades.
Roles and Responsibility
ECSL undertook all elements of the multi-disciplinary design in accordance with Eurocode and Network Rail group design standards for station buildings, as well as the surveys required, design management, integration and temporary works design.
- Design of temporary works
- Design of buildings, car park
- Bridge and platform works
- Design of local authority works
- Design of M&E and telecoms